Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Mini Layered BlackBean Dip

I tried out this Awesome little Treat its a Mini Layered Black Bean Dip!

This is how I made it:

I boiled about a 1/2 cup of Black Beans with a little salt until they were very tender. 
After they were cooked thoroughly I drained them saving some of the juice to use as I mashed them up to keep them moist. Mash the beans thoroughly until they resemble refried beans. 

The rest of this recipe can be left up to you but, I will tell you what I used in mine. 

I mashed up a 1/4 of an avocado 
1 tsp. salsa 
1 Tbs. Fat Free or Light Sour Cream
1 tsp. 2% shredded cheddar cheese

I put about 1 Tbs. Black beans in the bottom of a small bowl then I mixed the mashed avocado with the salsa and placed that on top of the beans, next I put the sour cream and topped it off with the shredded cheese. 

There are many different things that you can add to this but I just used what I had on hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment